Renovated multiple times, Eckl's historic ghost train has been at the Oktoberfest since 1933.

Eckl's nostalgic ghost train has seen a lot. Especially, as its story didn't even begin as a ghost train. At the beginning of the 20th century, the Nuremberg based carney Stahlmann first built it as a cabinet of curiosities. In 1930, he called Mack to redo the attraction as a ghost train. Three years later, it got to be at the Oktoberfest for the first time.

Despite several renovations, the attraction is one of the big classics of the Oktoberfest. It has been owned by the Eckl family since 1968, who also owned the Shocker for many years.